FirstCareerAcademy.com is a trading style of Glass Onion Limited.
Once we have received your information, we will protect it using Glass Onion Limited’s standard procedures and security features aimed at preventing unauthorised access. In particular, we employ usernames and passwords on our systems to ensure that access Glass Onion Limited’s systems is limited to those with proper authorisation.
This Policy sets out Glass Onion Limited’s views and practices regarding your personal data and the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to Glass Onion Limited, will be processed by Glass Onion Limited. Please read it carefully.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Glass Onion Limited whose registered office address is 130 Old Street, London, England, EC1V 9BD
Glass Onion Limited’s nominated representative is Ian Armstrong who can be contacted by post at the above address or by e-mail at [email protected]
The above postal and e-mail addresses are the Glass Onion Limited Contact Addresses.
User name and activities
You may view the website at www.FirstCareerAcademy.com (“the website”) without registering as a user. If you register as a user you will have disclosed personal information to Glass Onion Limited and we will be able to identify you from that information.
If you register with Glass Onion Limited, you will be asked to provide a user name and this user name will be displayed on our website, for example, on bulletin boards where you post contributions. Your username will therefore be available to the public. We recommend that you choose an anonymous user name rather than a user name which allows third parties to identify you.
Unless you consent, we will not give your actual name, or contact details to other users. However, if you make this information publicly available, other members and third parties may use this information to contact you. We have no control over such contact.
Whilst we will make all reasonable endeavours to enable you to edit, amend or remove contributions, you should be aware that you may not be able to remove any contributions which you post to the website once they have been posted.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide to Glass Onion Limited, for example by filling in forms on the website, by requesting information from Glass Onion Limited or from other Glass Onion Limited users or in requesting any goods or services.
- Information that you give Glass Onion Limited when you write to us (including by email).
- Information that you give Glass Onion Limited when we speak to you by telephone. We may make and keep a record of the information you share with us by this means.
- Information that you provide to Glass Onion Limited by completing surveys. We may ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to the website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, information search requests and search results, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for Glass Onion Limited’s own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- Details of transactions and communications you carry out through our website and of the fulfilment of any orders.
- Information obtained by Glass Onion Limited from third parties in accordance with the Act.
IP addresses and cookies
To help Glass Onion Limited improve the website and to offer a better and more personalised service and for system administration purposes, we may collect information about your computer, IP address, operating system, browser type and information about your general usage of our website by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive and enable Glass Onion Limited, for example:
- to estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
- to store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our website according to your individual interests;
- to speed up your searches; and
- to recognise you when you return to the website.
Where we store and process your personal data
All information you provide to Glass Onion Limited via email or the website is stored on Glass Onion Limited’s secure servers and any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the website, you are responsible for keeping the password confidential. We ask you not to share the password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the website; any transmission is at your own risk.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to ensure that content from the website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from Glass Onion Limited, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and Glass Onion Limited;
- to notify you about changes to Glass Onion Limited’s products and services;
- to run competitions, surveys and incentive programmes;
- We will only use your data to provide you with information about Glass Onion Limited’s products and services which may be of interest to you where we have your prior permission to do so. We will not contact you by electronic means to provide you with information about products and services which may be of interest to you, unless you have consented to this;
- We will not pass your data to third parties to enable them to provide you with information about their products or services.
If you do not want Glass Onion Limited to use your data in one or more of the ways mentioned above, please let us know. We will not pass your data to third parties other than as permitted in this Policy.
Although we do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our business members, we may provide them with aggregate information about our members (ensuring that no individual is identified) for their marketing and strategic development purposes.
You should be aware that if you disclose personal information publicly anywhere on the website or on any other website accessed as a result of using the website that information could be collected and used by anyone else accessing that website and may result in unsolicited messages from other parties. We cannot be held responsible for such messages.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of Glass Onion Limited, which includes our subsidiaries as defined in section 736 of the UK Companies Act 1985.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if Glass Onion Limited itself or a substantial part of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its members will be one of the transferred assets;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions of Website Use and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our members or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You have the right to ask Glass Onion Limited not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you if we intend to use your data for such purposes. Additionally, you can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting Glass Onion Limited at any time at either of the Glass Onion Limited Contact Addresses above. Further, if at any stage you would like us to check, amend or remove any information held by Glass Onion Limited about you, please contact us at the same Addresses.
Third party privacy policies
Glass Onion Limited may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of Glass Onion Limited’s suppliers, partner networks, business members, affiliates and other third parties.
Access to your information
The Act gives you the right to access certain information held by Glass Onion Limited about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to help meet Glass Onion Limited’s costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.